KYC & AML
Now we try to implement all necessary actions to combat money laundering and international terrorism (AML Policy). We try to prevent any illegal activity on our platform. In order to fulfill these obligations in certain situations, we must inform the appropriate official authorities if necessary. If it is proven that user funds are used for money laundering or other illegal activities, we have every reason to block them.
Money laundering is the legalization of the possession, use, or disposal of money or other property obtained through the commission of a crime, i.e. their transfer from the shadow, informal economy to the official economy in order to be able to use these funds openly and publicly.
How 1win fights the fraud?
We are now against the growth of crime all over the world and that is why we are taking all measures to ensure that players cannot use money from their balance sheets to finance crime or other illegal activities. We are now applying internal rules and special programs of measures to prevent the money from the criminal sphere to flow into the official economic system of the states.
If a player registers on one of our platforms, he accepts and undertakes to fulfil the following obligations:
- The player agrees to comply with all laws and regulations that relate to money laundering and terrorist financing, including our AML policy.
- The client acknowledges that he/she has no information that the money used in the past, present or future has come from an illegal source or has any connection with money laundering.
- Each player also fully agrees to provide all information we require in order to fulfil our obligations in terms of compliance with laws and regulations related to money laundering or other non-criminal activities.
In addition, we can do some additional procedures that help us in the fight against money laundering and terrorist financing. You can find out more about these procedures below:
- We keep documents proving a player’s identity, as well as information about all transactions in the account;
- We keep track of transactions made by suspicious customers as well as transactions with special conditions;
- We have the right at any time to refuse a player any transaction if we have a suspicion that it may be related to money laundering, terrorist financing or any other illegal activity. Also understand that, according to the law, we do not have to notify the player that his account has become suspicious and we may also, without any notification, pass on customer information to the relevant authorities.
- We conduct initial and ongoing checks on users. This is necessary for us to assess the risks with each user who registers on our platforms.
- We will require the player to provide us with minimal data to verify his identity;
- 1win will retain all identification information, as well as what was used to complete the verification process;
- We will check all information about the player to make sure that the new customer is not a suspected terrorist at this time. We can check the full name, date of birth, residential address and any other information that is publicly available or provide to us by the player;
In order to verify the authenticity of the information above, we may require a document that contains the following information:
- Full name, date of birth and a photograph of the owner of the document. This document must be issued by a national state-authorized body.